We help clients capture trend opportunities, solve product challenges, and realize blue-sky concepts by focusing on cutting-edge nutritional science, quality that surpasses standards, and marketplace intelligence. Whether you’re a retailer looking to develop, revise or expand your consumer pet food brands, or a pet food brand seeking a co-manufacturer capable of producing exceptional products, American Nutrition can deliver. Because after 40+ years’ of helping retailers and brands develop market-leading pet food from concept to distribution, American Nutrition knows what works.
Formulation and Nutrition
We understand that exceptional quality and constant creativity in formulations, shapes, ingredients, textures, and tastes are all essential to long-term brand health. That’s why we’ve made them integral elements of how we do business.
- Custom formulation development
- Blended formulas, colors, and shapes
- Over 20 house formulas, from mainstream to super premium
- MD or ground meat formulations
- AAFCO guidance and compliance
- Palatability and digestibility testing
American Nutrition is uniquely positioned to produce and package a wide variety of the highest quality pet foods in the most popular types of packaging. From concept to completed package, our creative packaging specialists walk our clients through design and development while keeping current regulatory requirements in check.
- Standard paper multiwall bags
- Woven-poly bags
- Poly-laminate bags
- Poly blend bags with heat seal closures
- Stand-up re-closable bag
- Form-fill pillow style bags
- Folding cartons
- Preprinted corrugated boxes
- Aluminum or steel cans
- Easy-open or sanitary lids
Branding & Marketing
Today’s pet food owners bring their own distinct values and preferences to the pet food aisle. From big-name products to boutique varieties, we work with retailers to develop, revise or expand their pet food brands in a way that appeals to both consumers and their four-legged friends.
- Market analysis
- Market research
- New product concepting
- New product design
- Go-to-market strategy
Standard, Premium & Exotic Ingredients
We currently source standard and exotic ingredients from around the world based on customer request. Whether it’s duck from France, lamb from Australia, or green-lipped mussels from New Zealand, American Nutrition connects clients with high-quality ingredients from audited sources we know and trust.
- Sweet potatoes
- Wild-caught salmon
- Wild boar
Manufacturing & Distribution
American Nutrition manufactures a wide array of pet foods and treats. As the only US pet food customer-brand supplier with can, biscuit, and dry capabilities, we serve as a strategic, long-term manufacturing and distribution partner for leading pet food brands both domestic and abroad.
- Products for all life stages and budgets
- Dry or baked extruded kibble
- Savory basted baked treats
- Premium and super premium canned food
- Three strategically located facilities
- All plants are SQF Level 3 certified
- Vendor selection advice
- Supply chain and logistics assistance